Here are some ideas to encourage your little letter lovers to enjoy their precious names even more...
- Write her name out really BIG, laminate it, and then give her Wikki Stixs or playdough to practice making the letters over the top of your writing. This is also a great fine motor skill for kiddos with disabilities.
- Look in magazines together to find and cut out each letter in his name. Then glue them on paper.
- Play I-Spy in the grocery store or riding in the car to find letters. See how many times you can find each letter.
- Let her write her name in shaving cream or pudding on the table.
- Make a book. Put each letter in his name at the top of a page. Then, let him find words that start with each letter to put on the corresponding page.
- Make "bean letters" by writing her name in glue and then have her place beans on the glue. (another great fine motor activity)
- If you don't have an aversion to glitter, write his name in glue, and then let him shake glitter all over it.
Letter exploration is one of my favorite Teachable Moments...enjoy the pride that each letter brings!