Pages

Spring Counting Folder Games

Macy has been counting up a storm lately!  Forwards & Backwards ~ English & Spanish.  So, for those rainy days when you need something extra, here are some very simple Spring folder games that you can make at home to help your kiddos work on their counting skills.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

  • Find 10 birds in magazines to cut out (or draw them, or use a bird-shaped notepad, whatever works!) and glue them in the folder.  Write one number on each bird.  Give your child jellybeans and ask them to place the correct number of eggs on each bird.
  • Draw some ladybugs on the folder.  Make sure that each bug has a different amount of spots.  Cut out some green leaves from construction paper and write a number on each leaf.  Have your children match each leaf to a corresponding ladybug.
  • Draw several inchworm heads on the folder.  Write a different number on each inchworm's nose.  Give your child buttons and ask them to make each inchworm longer using the buttons.
  • Draw several flowers on the folder but leave off the petals.  In the middle of each flower write a number.  Provide your child with paper petals or even real petals to put around each flower.  

          Happy Counting!    

14 comments:

  1. Great ideas, I'm going to have to try these out with my girls!

    I'm your newest follower from Welcome Wednesday!
    http://www.thanksmailcarrier.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. following from Welcome Wednesday! subscribe to my site at krayzeemommie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful ideas! I'm a new follower from the blog hop. When you get a chance, come follow me back!

    :)
    Marcy @ Life's Gristle Be sure to enter my giveaway while you're there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What cleaver ideas!! I am stopping by and following on the Wed. blog hop. I hope you are having a great week so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! Popping by from Welcome Wednesday blog hop and following ... :0)

    Shirl x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi - I'm following from the hop. Shah .X

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower from Welcome Wednesday! Hope you can stop by and return the follow :)

    Cristi
    http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always looking for some new activities. Thanks for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one will be good for me since I can only count to 5. LOL. Really this is such a cute idea. My kiddos are all grown now, but I remember doing similar things with mine. Following you on this round of Wednesday blog hops.

    ~Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
    The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

    Check out, Today’s Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jayme, Congrats on being featured at WW! I was too a few weeks ago - they're awesome! I have little ones too and they are counting and love any number games - this looks like a great game! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog and ideas!

    Newest follower here ~ www.skinnyonadime.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the feature!!
    That's a great game!! I should try it with my 3 year old. She loves couting
    I am your new GFC follower
    ourfamilyworld

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there. Thanks for the cute blog and congrats on being one of the chosen few. I am a new follower from WW. I look forward to having you pop by my blog or blogs as you are able.

    @inkscrblr
    http://www.thriftymommastips.blogspot.com/
    http://www.thriftymommasbrainfood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! I am following you from Welcome Wednesday and would love a follow back!

    livingcraftilyeverafter.blogspot.com

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete