I am so excited about being one of the featured blogs on Welcome Wednesday sponsored by Take It From Me! Thanks so much to all of you for taking the time to hop over! I hope you enjoy browsing my blog and find a new idea or two to share with your children, grandchildren, students, or even the random next door neighbor...our kids need all the support they can get these days.
When teaching creative writing or journaling, you will always have a student or two that can never think of something to write about. Here is a cute idea to help them get past that...
- Cut the picture part off of several greeting cards. Some of my favorites include animals. Ya know the one with a bloodhound driving an old truck or the little bitty, white dog that's having a bad hair day???
- Take a page protector and insert 4 card pictures into it. (front, back, top, bottom)
- Give each child a page protector and let them pick a picture to write about.
For younger children or those that are not able to write, you can modify this activity a little and still get some great use out of your old greeting cards.
- Let them pick their favorite card
- Have them tell you a few things about the card.
- Write down what they say for them
- Let them draw a picture to go with their writing. They can either draw the exact picture or maybe what they think will happen next or what happened right before the picture was taken.