They aren't just pulling your earrings and reaching in the toilet water for nothing...they are learning about their new and crazy world!!!
So, here are some fun ways to engage your little one's sense of touch...
(without ripping your earlobe or ingesting the forbidden!)
- Put some shaving cream in a zip lock baggy. Put in a few drops of food coloring but don't squish it around to change the color just yet. Instead, let your little one do the squishing. Fun, yet non-messy!
- Sit in the grass with shorts on. (don't forget that legs can feel, too and help us learn about our world, as well)
- Make your own touch and feel book with scraps such as fabric, carpet, aluminum foil, curly ribbon, cotton balls, sand paper, etc. You can hot glue the scraps onto pages in one of those dollar store picture albums.
- Put objects in a shoe box with a hole cut just big enough for your little one's hand to fit through.
- Finger paint ~ Yes, it's messy, but so worth the effort when you get those priceless pictures! As the weather gets warmer, don't forget you can also enjoy art outside in swimsuits and then just hose off. Twice the fun!!!
Here is our Touchable Teachable Moment from this weekend. What fun we had with my precious nephew!!! (shhh!!! Don't tell his mommy & daddy about the mess!)
I hope you get to enjoy a Touchable Teachable Moment with your little one this week!!!