Do you need a fun, seasonal, hands-on way to practice spelling words or sight words?
Try an Easter egg hunt!
- Just make a list of the words your child is working on.
- Assign each word a color of Easter egg.
- Write each word out in big letters.
- Cut the words apart by letter.
- Put one letter in each egg.
- Hide the eggs.
Now, have your child go on a hunt to find all of the eggs. Let him/her sort the eggs by color, open them up, and try to make words out of the letters. If this is too much of a challenge, there is nothing wrong with providing your child with a word list to help. A word card could also be provided for each color set. Then, your child will just have to match the letters to what they see on the word card.